View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Baseball Mama, I am so glad that you found all the wonderful people here who are going through this same journey. It is a journey, and as with all trips it can be a good one or a bad one and that depends on you. Mike does such wonderful research for all of us and he is usually hitting the nail right on the head. Mama, your life is going to change with the advent of this disease and that is one of the hardest things to accept, I have certainly struggled with it myself. I do take huge amounts of pain meds and know that I am addicted. However that is something that I have to do to make it through the day with a livable amount of pain. I do not feel guilty about this, I think about it in terms of treatment, if I were a diabetic the addiction would be insulin, asthma- an inhaler, or high blood pressure- meds to control this. Meds right now are about the only day to day treatment that I can do myself.

It is normal to be anxious about where this adventure is taking you and what the future may bring. One of my biggest comforts is my faith, God must surely have a plan for me that includes RSD. When I accepted that, I was able to look around and find different options for my life other than what I had planned. I have learned to love deeper, care for others more tenderly and appreciate what I have around me and those people who enter my life everyday. I have had to give up a job that I loved, but found myself directed to go another route, and at 49 am now a senior in college. I would encourage you to look for the small things everyday that make you happy, the things that are now an opportunity that you may have missed before, and to be open and receptive to the good things that happen to you everyday.

The doctors' appts. may slow down once you find a good pain doc and a psychologist you can work with. This search is hard but it is so important to have good doctors that you can establish a positive relationship with. Peace be with you and know that you are not alone. Most importantly, you are entitled to how you feel emotionally. I am glad you found this support group and I hope that they help you as much as they have helped me, Lisa
Lisa in Ohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dubious (05-24-2010), Kakimbo (05-25-2010), keep smilin (05-25-2010), loretta (05-25-2010), Wilbyfree (05-24-2010), wswells (05-25-2010)