View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 01:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post
I don;t mean by any means to suck it up, but we need to change the way we do things';

An EMG is NOT going to find early TOS as the sensory nerves are tested, the ones that feel heat....the nerves tested during an EMG are the motor nerves which are larger, and last effected. These are the nerves that make your hand jerk back from the heat when the sensory nerves "feel" it.

Did Rick Reed do your test at the Upper Extremity inst do your test,
Dr Rick Reed or Tom Tolsom are the tops in inturpurting and diagx TOS on EMG by the wave patterns.
I had an EMG that showed nothing, but Tolson did mine with the receiver in my palm and the transmitter along my collar bone that was sending the signal. This showed the tos

When you raise your hands up in the air, like you are being held up the "stick em up" position.....bring your arms back that you feel it tight in the center back. This will close or compress the outlet if it is the issue.

See how long you can hold your hands up like this, 15 sec 2 minutes? Count how long they are up and when you feel what symptoms.

But never give up, see what you have and work with it. One thought, PT every day of the week is work....those nerves need to rest.
It is not a no pain no gain with TOS. You want to relax the spasms instead of inflaming muscles and nerves.
Have you seen Scott Fried?
di
when i raised my arms by 20 seconds my hands had alot of tingling going through them, my arms felt a little burning
Babsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote