View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Dear Dealing with TOS,

I am 7 weeks out of surgery (scalenectomy but no rib resection). I still have a alot of swelling and inflammation in and around the area which is causing pain. I have been on two rounds of steroids which help and bring the swelling down but once the pak was gone it would return.

And before the surgery, my PT work around the area on my neck and shoulders. And I would be like ouch is that the muscle...and she would say no that is your skin. I said what? She said that the skin isn't moving because the area was not moving well so the skin would get hard and the fluid trapped.

After the surgery I recently went to a new chiro who looked at the area and said that he thought maybe it was a touch of lymphadema in the area. He tried this new FDA approved lymphdema machine very gently onthe area and wow the swelling went down. I now do it twice a week and it helps.

So I do not think your concept is far fetched but maybe the lymph is damaged and needs some help. Maybe the nerve is damaged. Either way that fluid buildup is not healthy and giving it a little assistance might help it recover.

Good luck
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote