View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Neuropathy can cause this kind of pain. There is another option as well, trochanteric bursitis can feel like nerve pain and if you sleep on your side, your tronchanteric prominence is exactly where this bursa is and where the pressure is when you sleep on your side. It hurts alll the way to your butt. It can get so bad, you can not even touch your middle glut area without wincing in pain. It is 10 out of 10 pain. It is disabling. It is horrible pain.

I have PN and I have connective tissue disease with recurrent bursitis. In 3 years, I tore both rotator cuffs and have had repeated bouts of trochanteric bursitis of both hips. A cortisone shot will relieve the pain. It is a shot into the bursa, not the joint, so the pain is minimal. I don't even get the lidocaine prep shots, I just have them hit me with the needle.....yeah there is a bit of discomfort, but, then it is over and in a few days you feel much better. Ask the doc if it could be bursitis.

There is a limit to how many times they will give the shots and I have hit it now....not sure what I will do. Surgery is not a good option for me.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (05-26-2010), Doody (05-25-2010)