View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Could this be NICO?

My name is Kim and I am new here and glad I found this site. I did post on a thread roots in the sinus cavity so there is more to my story there.

After looking around here I am questioning the possibility that I might have NICO?

So, I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out in 93 and there were issues with dry socket and bone fragments coming through the surface but got better eventually.

in 99 I had tooth 31 worked on, it had a filling in it and the dentist was trying to remove the old silver fillings and replace with white and once he made the change the tooth went bad real quick and I had a root canal done and a crown. A few years later in 2004 I had tooth pain and an abscess and had to have that tooth pulled. After I had that tooth pulled I was still having issues so I went back and they did the RC on tooth 30. This tooth had a fracture at the time of the RC, of course they said lets got for it anyway, now I see this was probably not the best idea. I let that tooth sit for a year mostly due to money and had some pain in the area the whole time but just dealt with it. But soon I could not deal with it any longer so I went to the dentist.

Now today I had that tooth removed, of course after trying to have the crown put on that did not work. The tooth area developed dry socket and now is not healing well and need to be re-done. I have horrible pain in my mouth and jaw as well as my eye and ear and headaches. I feel like there is a phantom tooth issue going on here as it feels like the site where the tooth was is where it hurts. I never felt good after the tooth 31 was pulled and the RC on tooth 30... what do you think? I am going to bring this up, I see it is not always seen on an x-ray and hard to diagnosis. =(

I wanted to add I have a severe clenching issue and have been diagnosed with TMJ...I believe I have broken the teeth with this clenching issue and I am just breaking the other teeth I have left...

Thanks so much,

Kim
kimsmithie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote