View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everybody for all your input!!

Desert flower--I do not want to be on prednisone forever or even a long time. When they tried to pull me off, I had swallowing problems, breathing problems and choking problems. I am concerned that means I am still in the crisis and cannot safely go off pred at this time and need to treat what is the underlying issue.

Annie--the other things that Mestinon will work on that I was referring to was the list of diseases you mentioned that it will help with the symptoms of. Maybe that gives me a clue as to the differential diagnosis they are working on with me since Mestinon is having a big effect on me.

Also, that article does look like the name of the blood test if I recall. . .interesting.

They should have done the EMG in the hospital and they considered it but they said they did not trust their techs and that it was much better done as an outpatient by an experienced neuro expert. They wanted it done right.

Sounds like I am going to just have to weigh everything and pick the most safe and effective thing which will not be the best of either world. There is no great solution to this problem right now at this particular time and the longer I wait, the longer I am on pred.

Should I ask for a muscle biopsy? I hadn't heard about that option. Is that definitive? Or do you have to be off meds for that too? It must be hell but it's not like I haven't been there and back already. . .debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (05-25-2010)