View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sidney, you're singing a song I once sang Until my pain doc suggested I take magnesium for muscle spasms, told me a dosage to take, and ended up telling me to take TOO MUCH! Than I found out that magnesium makes a great diuretic!

Anwyay, I'm on the 75 fentanyl patch, as well as percocet 3x's day and several other meds also...so feel your "pain" too (pun intended cuz if we don't laugh at ourselves we go nuts, right?).

I take 2 senna tablets along with my meds in the morning. At night, before bed, I take 750 mg's of magnesium. its' NOT the magnesium with the calcium, but ONLY magnesium. If I'm feeling a bit constipated, or haven't had a BM in a few days, I will increase that 750 mg's to 1000 mg's for a couple days and WELLA! A bm.

If you need relief NOW, then I can guarantee that the over the counter glycerin suppositories work WONDERS. There is one by dulcolax I believe that works in 15 minutes to one hour. The trick is to hold it in for at least 15 minutes. No matter how constipated I was, within 15 minutes, I was always RUNNING using one of those babies. It will give you instant relief...and if one doesn't do the trick, try another. It won't hurt, as long as you don't make a habit of it. I found that once I got on the senna/magnesium on a routine, daily basis, it kept me regular (and is approved by my doctor...in fact, he requires me to do it).

Others have TONS of recipes and great info, though,so you can pick and choose. and I think there is a whole thread on the chronic pain forum about it. Hope you find something that works hon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote