View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello Hair Girl,

Just a few thoughts to share. I had the rib decompression at my neck, I know there's a "real name" for this, but after all these years, I can't remember what it is! For me, the pain relief I received was instantaneous-not full relief, but considerable. I did not have relief from the weakness, and knots I get in my arms.

I also accquired CRPS after some time. Some people get it immediately after a surgery. I don't want to alarm you, just want to suggest you read up on it on the CRPS/RSD site. Get to know some of the members over there and see if your symptoms are similar to theirs. Just in case it is CRPS/RSD, don't use ice on the affected areas.

In the mean time, just rest and do as little as possible with that arm. Relaxation techniques are super important as is posture, as Broken Wings said, and it does take time for nerves to settle as Sherri_TOS stated. Stress will exacerbate your pain, so try ,as hard as this is to do with that much pain, to remain as calm as you can. Deep breathing is really a good thing to do thru out the day. It also helps with your posture!

Also, I take 2400 mg of Neurontin a day. Obviously, it takes time to get up to that dosage, but maybe increasing your dose will help? Will your Dr. Rx opiates? Some do, and they can help.

Sorry you are going thru this. It's really difficult, but glad you found this site so that you have support!

Last edited by MaddyB; 05-25-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typo's I missed!
MaddyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote