View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I have mild Arthritis. I went to the best Rheumatologist in our area and he took about 15 xrays, then stated I have mild Arthritis in my knees, ankles and a couple of other places I can't remember. He said it was Osteoarthritis.

My Neurologist, again, reportedly the best in our area, said he was not sure whether I had Peripheral Neuropathy. FRUSTRATING!!!

My problem is that I can be walking along and fall down. It might be an ankle, knee, hip or foot that ..... no longer accepts my weight. I weigh around 225, I am overweight due to several other medical conditions and the meds I take.

When this happens to me, I get a sharp pain in the afflicted area and that body part quits working. Right now I have been unable to enjoy our vacation due to this problem.

My apologies for being so long winded, but what I am trying to ask those of you with Arthritis is: Do YOU fall down from it? Does your ankle just quit? That is, if you are walking and put weight on it, does it "fold up" on you? It hurts so bad you try to take the weight off that body part as fast as you can, often falling in the process. I know this sounds crazy, but it is putting me in my power chair more and more when I feel like there is an answer somewhere. Any suggestions appreciated AND if you have a similar problem AND if your doctor said it is Arthritis causing it. PLEASE tell me about it.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Hi,
Not sure if this will help or not. But my mother has lots of arthritis in those same areas. And some of the problems she is having right now. Is that she
is having problems standing. So she ended up breaking her foot, in January.
Without knowing it. And had to go to a foot doctor.

I would have your feet looked at. See if its a different doctor they might
find something. That is what happened with my mom last time. She had
a broken foot for a couple of months. And then this new foot doctor
found the break.

I am seeing a foot doctor that is working with my on my feet issues. The
pain in my feet is really bad. But the orthodics that he made are helping
a lot. I have been through Physical therapy also. And it helped at the
time.

Its something I would suggest to strengthen your legs and feet.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-12-2010)