View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie1787 View Post
Hi, my name is Laurie, and this is my first post on here, so please bare with me.
I was diagnosed with a large cerebral aneursym on July 30th of 2009, after
experiencing a dizzy spell while driving on the highway. Which by the way, terrified me. Had a cerebral angiogram done to determine size and location,
two surgeries to place a stent in, the first one moved so it had to be redone.
And then on Dec 4th, after 6.5 hours in surgery, 18 coils, I am done.
My whole life has changed because of this, while I am thankful to be alive, I know its a miracle to go through something like this and come out ok...I find myself wishing they had never found it. I lost my job due to all the time off work, I am constantly worried, anxious, depressed. I talked to my neurosurgeon about this, which he said is normal, I need to get back to work.
My family Dr said I am going through post traumatic depression, he put me on zoloft, and also lorezapam. Ugh, I hate this...I hate feeling completely helpless, cant talk to anyone because they dont understand, and I think their tired of hearing about it. Its more like...it's over, you survived...get on with your life.
I have headaches everyday, not bad, but their there. I worry about driving, due to the dizzy spell in the beginning. I just want my life back, really.

Hi Laurie:

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Melody (and yes I have a SINGING PERSONALITY, lol).

Welcome to our little world here at Neurotalks. You have certainly been through the ringer haven't you?.

Here is a link to our aneursym forum. I hope you get some answers. Be assured, others have walked in your shoes.

Again, welcome. Hope you find lots of new friends here.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...daysprune=&f=7

All the best

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote