View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

You want them over the nerves that are problematic. Please look again at that link I gave you showing which lumbar the femoral nerves exit. That is where to catch them, before they go into the deeper pelvic area. For real MP...which is the front of the thigh only, placing the Lidoderms in the groin where they exit also works. (that is where I place mine). But you say you have BACK thigh pain--hamstrings, and that is NOT MP it is something else. For the feet, you can try behind the knee, above the bend on each thigh 1/2 patch. I rarely put Lidoderms on my feet. You have to use them regularly, at least for a few days to see effects. They are not like drugs, working quickly and then wearing off. Think of it this way-- doctors inject Lidocaine for numbing parts where they know the major nerves are. They will inject the ankle to numb the whole foot. The peroneal nerve that supplies the feet is behind the knee. This is where compression palsies occur and foot drop when the knee area is compressed or stressed.

Don't use Lidoderm over muscle or fat pads. The Lidocaine in the Lidoderms works on nerve tissue only. It cannot get thru inches of other tissue.

If you want muscle action, you have to ask for Flector patches.
http://www.flectorpatch.com/
These are more for tendon/muscle/ joint pain.
But do not overuse Flector...as reports of liver damage are surfacing with topical diclofenac patches or transdermal creams.

Did you ever get electrostim treatments or ultrasound for your injury? I found these very effective for my tendon injury (which is independent of my PN issues and arthritis). I had an adductor injury and was in great pain and disability for quite a while. The PT using both treatments worked well for me.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote