View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Dealing.

My arm was not hard at all either but on my back around my shoulders it was. PT said it was because the area was wounded and the skin and tissue was not getting much movement so the lymph could not move the fliud out. Plus thinking like you suggested the nerves in that innervate that area were also hurt so maybe...you are right that the nerves being hurt distrupts teh circulation

I am guessing since arms move alot in general that they do not get hard like my shoulders but they get more swollen. Plus gravity does not help when arms are mostly at sides.

When I had surgery I had those things on my legs for 24 hours. Now this machine has a suction thing on the edn and he gently rubs it over the area to stimulate tissue movement etc. He does it for 10 minutes every other day and it atleast has helped the swelling and pain asscoaited with it. I am hoping that will help it heal better. I am just trying to help the swelling and inflammation to lessen any scar tissue development. Every little bit counts.

I will be happy to ask my doc what the name is and PM it to you.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote