View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin My SSD has been approved!

Hi all,

I haven't even been letting myself "think about" being approved before I got at least one denial! But I got a message from Soc Sec asking me to bring in some final paperwork "so your benefits can get started".

I'm almost numb! But very greatful!

But I need some "knowledge" from anyone of you who may know how this works. When I did speak to this person she told me she couldn't answer ANY questions, and when I asked if I would have an appt with someone to explain it, she said "No".

I guess I'll start getting checks in 1 to 2 months, but they didn't tell me how much! No one seems to know. They said when I 1st applied the worker should have, "written it down on a piece of paper" for me. But, I explained I applied over the phone.

My question is, will it be the same as what the Soc Sec Statement said that I received last March? It said, if you retire now you'll rcv such & such, if you retire at 70 you'll rcv such & such, OR, if you become disabled now, you will rcv such & such. (You know the one I'm talking about?)

So, do they give you the amount stated? Or, can they change it?

Thanks all! Take heart! I believe the "attitudes" of those making these decisions are beginning to soften some.

Denise
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote