View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've had an EMG of my hands twice.

Once waaaay back in 1990 or 1991...I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand. I supposedly had carpal tunnel in both hands, but now I kind of wonder if it was MS causing the problems with my hands. (surgery worked for about a year or two, then the pain came back) They had to do an EMG to diagnose the carpal tunnel. I remember it kind of tickling, but wasnt really painful.

The last EMG was in 2008, I think. I'd talked to my neuro about the fact that my hands fall asleep on me when I'm sleeping. He said he couldnt determine anything about why my hands do that. It wasnt apparently an MS thing, so he thought it might have been positional...that maybe I was compressing a nerve when I'm asleep. (hands wake up almost immediately after waking up, not really any pins and needles either...which is weird, if it's from a compressed nerve.)

The EMG in 2008, was a little more painful than I remember from the last one. My fingers and arms hurt a little bit for about a day afterward. (kind of achy and stiff) But, it wasnt excruciating or anything, more like a few pulled muscles.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-26-2010)