View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Please get a 2nd opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I went to the Surgeon yesterday and I am going to wear a tens unit for awhile to see if it helps with this pelvic pain I am having. He is leaning toward surgery to cut this nerve. He thinks it is what is going on with me.

This is about the 5th Dr. I have seen about this pain and I really like this guy and I do believe he is determined to help me even if he has to do this surgery.
It doesn't hurt that my Gyno is in the same office and he is fed up with me not getting the right help so he is encouraging this Surgeon to help me.

Have any of you ever heard of this problem? He thinks that I have adhesions causing this problem. He said it would make the area numb but it should help with the pain.

Any ideals on this?

Thanks for the input.

Ada
Hi Ada,

Sorry to here of all of the pelvic pain and the suffering you are doing.

I had a ulnar nerve entrapment which is the main nerve that runs down your entire arm and I believe is the biggest nerve in that area. Anyway when I had it done and my problem is completely different than yours but what struck me is that your doctor said it would be "numb". Well let me tell you that is the most uncomfortable feeling not painfull but weird. My doctor also explained in detail to me and my husband that in dealing with nerves and nerve surgery,they call it vascular surgery,it can be a very tricky area of surgery and can come with a high rate error. I would get a second opinion, you mentioned in your post that this is your 5th doctor but I mean an opinion by doctor who does this type of surgery in the pelvic area.

I wish you the best. Please don't rush into nerve type surgery. We all want a quick fix,but after all I have gone through what I have discovered it's best to step back take a breath before you make any decisions.

Good Luck,

Gabbycake
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (05-26-2010), Sandel (05-30-2010), wswells (05-26-2010)