View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
Gabby,
I had ulner nerve surgery on my right elbow, rotator cuff surgery twice, triggerfinger surgery, and thoracic outlet surgery all on my right side. I have been lucky to have good Drs.

The Drs. I have seen for this has been two other Gynocologist, one pelvic pain Dr, my Gynocologist I have had for 8 years, and several in Denver. Actually it's been more then 5. My PCP gives me triggerpoint injections for the pelvic pain. The Denver Drs. put 28 shots in my stomach which was experimental. No diagnoses. The pelvic pain Dr. said he'd leave it up to my PCP to deal with the pelvic pain, the others were idiots too. This Surgeon is the first one that has even offered to see me so many times and do everything he can for me. I know we take chances with all of these Drs. we see but I feel I have been blessed that I have found some of the best ones but it is like pulling teeth to find that right Dr. anymore. They are just so far and few between.

Does you elbow have a numb spot where you had the ulner nerve surgery? Mine doesn't.

This isn't a quick fix. I have been dealing with this for over 5 years and it has actually gotten worse.

Bob, I see my PCP this afternoon and I will discuss it with him. He is always hesitant about me having a surgery but he's there if I need him.

I do know what you mean by wishing it was an option others could have. I have been wanting this option for a few years now. I have been so frustrated with this due to seeing so many Drs. that knew nothing or did nothing. I have ran into some of those Drs. that are bananas.

Ada
Hi Ada...

Not to be a downer but I have been told never cut a nerve, least not on purpose..When I had my TOS bilaterially surgery, my T Dr. cut my sympathetic nerve.. both sides.. he needed the room to get out my ribs... back then no question he had to do it...he was super careful WHERE he made the cut due to the ramafications from cutting the nerve ..my eye lids could have been dropped and tons of others issues..now 20 + odd yrs. later..RSD shows up...sympatheticomy...humm?? Just go cautiously...

Keep us posted..Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (05-26-2010), Sandel (05-30-2010)