View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMama View Post
I am a 33 yr old woman recently diagnosed with CRPS/RSD after 3 years of improper care, being turfed from doc to doc and being treated like a drug addict/drug seeker.
I have peripheral vascular disease in my left lower extremity and the RSD developed after frequent and chronic stasis ulcers on my left foot/ankle. My pain is unrelenting, extreme cold or heat (like we're having now) seems to exacerbate it.
I'm on Lyrica and Norco for pain but it never goes away. I have had several (very painful) nerve blocks with no relief. The biggest problem I'm having is coping emotionally with the changes to my life. I am so tired of being "sick", of going to MD appts ALLLLL the time, carting around pill bottles the size of trash cans and so so tired of hurting.

It's always there, it never goes away and I think I may go insane. I dream about dying like most people dream about winning the lottery! I would NEVER kill myself as I would never do that to my kids but I think about it all the time. I can't find any support groups for chronic pain in my area but I did make an appt with a psychologist. The thing is I don't want to be on anymore meds, I don't want to start taking benzos in addition to all the opiates I'm on but I don't know what to do to get rid of this anxiety.
I'm scared all the time, when I have bad flare-ups of pain I am miserable to everyone even my kids, and I just don't know how to go another 40+ years doing this. I don;t think I will make it. Can someone tell me how to get my head together??
BaseballMama,

I am so sorry for your pain! I feel like you on many days. Right now I am sure you just want someone to say, it's going to be ok, you will make it and give you a hug even though you probably won't believe them. Usually when someone in my family says "I understand" I want to scream, there is no way you do or can and want to rant about what I am going through. I can't tell you that it will get better, for me it hasn't YET. I can only hope that you will wake up tomorrow having your "good day" and cherish every minute of it and remember that you can come here and someone will listen
gatorsmomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (05-31-2010)