View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation

I sort of agree with Allen.

I also think that putting things on YouTube, may not be appropriate for all subjects.

I recall recently some YouTubes made by doctors that were yanked off the site, because of inappropriate content! (It was reported in our Health News Headlines forum)

When I took human anatomy in college which was from the medical school, the humor (????) there was horrific. Black and often disrespectful of the bodies we had to work on. We had "parts boxes" too, and these were often used for pranks by the instructors. I never really recovered from that class. The professor who gave the lectures was a senior citizen and he was the "worst" offender. Some humor is therapeutic, but what I had to endure was way beyond "some".

There are days we can laugh at ourselves, and other days when our pain may be too great to be able to do so. So I think videos like this should remain within the system that made them, and not be for public consumption.

I was never able to make fun of the poor bodies in my anatomy class. They were unclaimed older people from nursing homes or the street. The respect you see today on Dr. G's show from Disovery Health, was not present when I took that class!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote