View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question/Comment for Sanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
Significant pain reduction in chronic pain patients after detoxification from high-dose opioids:
Sandel,

I'm very glad to hear you were successfully able to get off of the pain meds you were on. Congrats! Personally, I am on a TON of them and there's nothing I can do about this relentless pain from breaking my neck, severing my nerves in the neck & a brain trauma due to an auto-accident.

I'm just wondering if you'd share with me WHAT you were taking and for how long? More importantly, how did they detox you?

You see, I don't think I'll be off my meds anytime soon, but I wonder how painful the detox process was for you. I tried to reduce my meds, bit my bit with my docs help, and it was unsuccessful due to the unrelenting pain. My surgeon said it HAS TO BE at this high dose due to the severity of the injury. I would like to not be tied down by my dependence on pain medication but I don't have no other options now. 1) Live in dire agony or 2) Live on addictive medication. It's just a crappy situation!!

The injury was 3 & 1/2 years ago ... Really, when (I wonder) can the nerve pain stop punishing me and let up. My surgeon said it may be a lifelong struggle (like the brain trauma).

Have you, Sandel, been down this road for years like me? If anyone else has been ... I'd like to hear your comments, too.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote