View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torra View Post
Hi everybody!
This is my firs time on forum here.
I have little situation here, and I'm not sure if I am in right place.
I have a condominium and I was away from it for 1,5 years, never thought i will move back there to live. When I was away(had a different life) ,I gotten a puppy ... Now my life situation has changed.I was in very obusive relationship where my puppy grow up with me, and she was the only support and companion for me there. Now i have got out of that hell and i have my baby(dog) with me.She is the closest life creature for me in this country( all my family still overseas) . I have to move back to my condo(cause i cant sell it in this days...) and have to have my dog with me,but....Association rules only allowing 20 lb dogs, and she is 82lb. I have submited letter to association,and it look like -after a moth they still don't have an answer for us. Somebody from building asked me if I am "that person with a dog"...,and sogjested that only way i can bring my "baby" to my condo it is to go to the psychiatrist and get letter from them about -my dog is my therapy dog for me... I have deal on all my problems always by my self ,but here I'm helpless ...
People,please, i need sogjestions ASAP, I don't know where to go with this,and how to deal with my situation.Have to be out of my friend house by end of May...
PLEASE WE NEED HELP! I can't be without my dog! She is everything for me! She dos not know any other "mom" then me...

Thanks for reading.

To have your dog in that situation, you must have an ESA letter. (Emotional Support Letter). You have to have a letter from your doctor stating that you have a disability and need the dog. If you go to the HUD website and search "Emotional Support Animal" they have an example letter of what the letter needs to look like. If you do not have such a letter, they can exclude the dog.
lilfarfa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote