Thread: I'm over this.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm over this.

New to the site. Had a concussion 14 months ago snowboarding - cracked helmet, saved my life probably. Blurred vision problems have finally corrected after 12 months. Headaches daily. Nausea comes and goes depending on the day. No specific triggers to feeling worse or better. Just basically living with feeling not like myself all the time. Been very cautious about activities but have been running and working out (weights) from past 3 months. Not on any drugs nor have I been. Have only missed 1 week of work right after it happened. Am definitely better than I was but progression has been extremely slow. Very active before concussion - surfing, ice hockey, squash, running etc. Have been cautious and only biked, and lifted weights. Can get my heart rate up to 160's now again wihtout feeling natious - generally. Still feel bad though regardless.

Positive person so depression not a problem but I'm just quite frustrated.

Here's where I'm asking for input from someone who's been suffering as long as me. At what point do you say screw it and just do the stuff you used to do assuming you can handle feeling bad? For example I started running again - sometimes feel crap sometimes don't. Doesn't seem any worse than if I do no exercise. The way I feel after really makes no difference. I want to play basketball, surf etc. Get back to normal.

I know it takes "time" but at what point do you just go for it again assuming you can handle feeling bad? Over a year of waiting and being cautious is driving me nuts.

Any input is valued.
Wanttobesurfing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote