View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I asked by PT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE). Can anyone give info on this procedure?

Everything is now coming down to the wire and its very difficult. In an earlier post I stated my wife will soon have the opportunity to present her case in front of a judge for her SSDI. To this day we are still trying to show this judge papers received from her work that she had received 6 months sick leave with dates, amounts etc. Even with that info the judge now wants a cover letter from her former employer and stated my wife's time is running out to prove her short term disability pay was just that, not worked performed. Now her doctor, after 3 years, wants to perform a FCE on her. She may refuse to do this test because of her pain, she just wants to be left alone.
Hi Jim,

As I said I would ask my PT what this test was all about. He knew what I meant as soon as I said it. What he said is it is a test they use for disability cases, WC, etc. He stressed that they have tests they use that are designed to see if the person is really disabled or not they try and catch the patient doing something they should not be doing or stated they couldn't. He said they get a report of what was stated on the original papers that your wife filled out and go from there. This sounds like a very unfair test. I told him is was for a goverment employer and he said they are the worse. He also stated that not all PT Facilities do it because it is very timely and most don't want to get involved.

I wish you guys all the best with this one.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote