View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Finally a good Doctor!

I went in to see my neurologist today and after several doctors giving me the runaround I actually got some answers and some support.

He wasn't happy that I am still having so many PC symptoms after almost a year, but he went through each one, and coached me on them. He told me to work if I felt like I could, and rest when I needed to.

He actually asked about my my self esteem, if I was feeling happy/depressed/anxious, and to gage my activities to keep as happy as possible. I told him about my migraines/headaches and the fainting and he checked my blood pressure (low) and gave me suggestions (add salt to diet, eating patterns etc).

It was just nice to have someone listen to my concerns. Other doctors have cut me off mid sentence or told me to wait until I saw another doctor and ask them. Three weeks of migraines won't bother them at all! This neurologist had even mentioned that he had gone against other Dr's that worked for insurance companies because he was more concerned about the truth.

After all of the stress I have gone through with being off work and on disability, and wanting to work, I finally feel like it is ok to just work when I can instead of trying to push through it.

Although he feels that I may not go back to the brain stamina I once had, he has at least given me a sense of peace in knowing that he believes me!

I recently read the book about a neuroanatomist who had a stroke (My stroke of luck)(?) and what she said is true, you have to celebrate the little successes.
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-27-2010), Hockey (05-27-2010), PCS Mikey (05-28-2010), Theta Z (05-28-2010)