View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

EMG's arent scary or anything. You probably dont need any sedation, since they might be asking you to tense your muscles for certain parts of the test.

My neuro did the EMG for me by himself. He taped some electrodes or sensor thingies (whatever they're called) to certain places on my arms and hands, and had a thing connected to a little computer screen. That he touched to the sensor thingies. The shocks you get are more annoying than painful. Might make your fingers twitch a little bit, but it's mostly annoying and not really painful. I think the aches I got were from the muscles contracting when he was doing the test...like I pulled some muscles.

The EMG I had back in 90 or 91, they used needles (really thin, didnt hurt when they put them on my wrist) and they clipped the electrode thingies to the needles.

It wasnt scary or anything. It was so much more easy than having an MRI (MRI's scare the crap out of me). Much easier than going to the dentist. (I'd rather have an EMG than go to the dentist for a teeth cleaning)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote