View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
hi judy, another judy here,

i'm glad you've found a professional who listens and will act in your best interests.

when i lived in denver i once went to our MS society's workshop on...can't remember the title. but, they gave us many info and support referral #'s.
and info on how to get gadgets to help depending on our disability.

bathroom tools, kitchen tools etc. i wonder if that might help you in some way.
hang in there.
Thanks for the encouragement, Judy. Yes, I once had an occupational therapist come to the house and she gave me quite a few tips on making life easier. Also I get tons of catalogs in the mail and there are three or so with medical equipment and those gadgets to help with everyday living. I've been noticing my right arm getting weaker -- pick up my coffee mug with my left hand and hang on TIGHT! I have one set of flatware with thicker hendles which makes it easier to use.

Guess the "difficult" things are mostly related to my legs and feet. Every time I have to get my feet off the footrest of my powerchair to stand up, it's a major operation. The spasms start soon as I move "something" so have to wait 'til they simmer down. Then upon every move, the nerve pain shoots through the roof again. Ouchers!! It's so frustrating doing all those little things we used to take for granted!

Aren't you the one who moved to St. Augustine, FL? How are you liking it? I was there decades ago! Must be around 55 years ago! Must really be HOT there now, but then the past couple days have been in the upper 80's here in Northeast PA. Thank heaven for central A/C!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it! Hope you're doing as well as possible!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-27-2010)