View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Katie - I am sorry to hear about your illness, all the best to you.

I am from Australia so I beleive many things are covered by medicare.

A thyroid problem I have been concerned about - my auntie has some disease that causes an over active thyroid, not sure if it is hereditory.

I beleive I have found the problem anyways, in the last few days my hands especially my left hand has become much more stiff and my other limbs have been stiff for awhile now as well but even more so now.

My walk is also becoming very..weird, and I have noticed my right arm is barely swinging.
I have also slowed down a lot, I use to speed walk everywhere.

& at the same time these symptoms worsened my left arm has started going into spasms, and my left hand will flap back and forth rapidly.

Considering the asymmetrical nature of all my symptoms & the distinct way I am walking + reduced arm swing I have concluded that it is either parkinsons or celiac. Either that or I am a hypochondriac. My grandfather had parkinsons. I do not understand how I could get it this young though? that's why im thinking celiac.

Although every symptom and nearly every secondry symptom of parkinsons I have so im not so sure, and my mental state started deterioating long before and in the exact way they described plus the tremors 2-3 years before as they described so im not so sure.

I have booked an appointment with a neurologist - I will let you know how it goes panda.

Thanks for your help to all of you
Fexor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote