Thread: I'm over this.
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark - thanks for the note and comments. Sound advice regarding risking hit #2 to the head and longer-term permanent injury. Like many others on this site I have changed my lifestyle - no surfing, no ice hockey, no motorcycle riding. It's been a very long road just to get to this point where I can actually do basic things such as wash my car and play in the yard with my kids. A year ago I couldn't even walk around the block wihout feeling sick. Too many people depending on me to risk it (3 kids).

Like many others though, it is a very long frustrating road. Waking up feeling like crap is just part of daily life now. When I don't feel dizzy it's a good day.

The question I still struggle with is at what point is it permanent and can you go back to normal and assume the feeling crap won't end? Rhetorical question. That's the biggest struggle for me. I know I need to continue to be patient.

To anyone else who reads this stay positive and don't look at progression on a weekly basis - look at it month to month. Also don't put timelines on things - it can get very frustrating. Final comment - going through PCS builds character and you learn something about yourself. Try to take the positives from what you are going through. Whatever the situation is it could be worse.
Wanttobesurfing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-27-2010)