View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 04:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
TinaG, I have seen Dr. Khurana twice. He seems like a good doctor in that he spent lot of time with me going over my history. He also does a lengthy exam. I will not have a true impression of him until he concludes the diagnostic part of my treatment. In other words, will he drop me like a hot potato if the tests do not show what he is looking for, or, will he sincerely try to help me and not get frustrated with me. This is the make or break as far as I am concerned in a doctor/patient relationship.

One thing that I dislike is the appointment scheduling. Both times I have seen him, my appointments were changed - usually on short notice too. Also, bring a book - he tends to run late.

I think you will like him. He is pleasant, seems very knowledgeable and professional.

I also have an appointment at Johns Hopkins (Dr. Sumner) next week. My regular neurologist made the appointment for me because they were originally able to see me sooner than Dr. Khurana. Of course that changed because I saw Dr. Khurana much earlier than my originally scheduled appointment. I think I will keep the appointment though. Can't hurt to have two opinions.

Do you live in the DC area? I am outside of Annapolis.
Also, does autonomic dysfunction result in itching? I have had intense itching requiring Benedryl when I have been in a bad attack - never knew it was a part of the syndrome.

Best of luck to you,

Mere
Mere, I forgot, there are a few good sites for autonomic disorders. Check out DINET. Or just google itching and autonomic disorders and you will be shocked at the number of symptoms. Remember - our autonomic nervous system controls things that we take for granted: blood pressure, temperature, digestion, etc. I think the itching is from blood pooling in the limbs b/c our blood pressure is so whacky that it cannot get out of our extremeties. Do you get migraines? That is probably my worst symptom!
TinaG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote