View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hi Diesle

Hello Lee-

One of the greatest hurdles you had to overcome was your willingness to write your issues and put them here, for everyone to see. I started here because at 56 I was allowed to think in the direction of a Spinal Cord Stimulation implant. Among the mandated prereqs was the psychiatric eval. Being curious what to anticipate, I searched and the google tries led here. I stopped in and have been participating since March. I have at long last been through the Trial, and tomorrow I will meet the orthopedic surgeon again, and this time hopefully to schedule the permanent stim implant.

It matters not how tough any of us may be, pain can reduce any of us to a screaming pain filled being longing to have it over. By any means. I hear you when you talk of having had to be tough and active over your military career, as so many of my family members have been there, done that. Right now, our youngest son, a 20 year old serves in the Middle East, and that guy is tough. But, once I was injured, as I was in a high speed wreck on I-70 years ago all of my days of 12 mile mountain bike rides came to an end. Hiking the mountains, hunting, things of the past. Pain imprisons, or has that potential.

You have asked about when you achieve edit rights or status on the forum. Any moderator can speak with specifics. I know from experience, a matter of weeks and a number of posts seemed to mature my membership to the point I had a bit more freedom.... and yes, editing was among the freedoms. Just be patient, hang with the system. Post. Reply. Participate. You will arrive.

Even as I do not have experience with your implant since my docs selected and offered spinal cord stimulation [I loved the Trial by the way] as a means to better manage the pain I experience, I have known so much frustration in striving to gain control over my own pain, I can only share with you that I relate. Your situation has to be so tough, so hard. I have no doubt someone with experience matching your facts will reply and your dialogue will commence. I am just here saying, "hang in there guy" this place is a good place to learn much, and find help. I hope you find relief somehow.

And Lee, thank you for your service. I appreciate it.
Best,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-28-2010)