Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtatioua4u View Post
I'm Deja, new to this site, had a rocky start here but am sticking it out cuz what I've seen I like of the threads and posts here. I hope I will be viewed as a valued member with a lot to contribute I have severe spondylolisthesis with severe foraminal stenosis which caused significant bilateral root nerve compression at l5/s1. After 11 months of alternative and conservative treatment, I underwent a posterior fusion with instrumentaion at this level on feb 22nd of this year. Anyway, have a great week and greatest blessings to all!|
Hi Squirtatioua4u
I am new to this site also and have posted in the new member section but really should have done it here by the looks of it! I have a bunch of stuff going on in the lumbar region also and looking at fusion and ADR according to neuro. I have foraminal stenosis at L5/S1 DDD bulging disc loss of height etc. I was going to ask about just doing a foraminotomy to relieve the compressed sciatic but I noticed you had fusion. can I pick your brain on how this went, what it was like and did it work. my biggest issue is the nerve, I have been managing the back pain for yrs but feel it must have gotten worse to affect the nerve now, if the nerve was sorted, i was hoping to go back to the managing bit witout further invasive surgery as I am allergic to most metals - but neuro says he has not had any probs with this. I am having allergy testing to see what the reaction is like first before deciding but hearing about what I am in for would be great as I have 4 young children and a husband who works in another country, live in oz but all my family are in ireland so no support...afraid I wont be able to manage and now have live in help (thankgod) as I cant stay on my feet!! love to hear from you.
Michelle
surgery sceptic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote