View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 02:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been slowly lowering the amount of Morphine I take every 8 hrs over the last 2 months. I think my doctor read that study...............cause he sited the reason that maybe my pain levels would go down by doing this. And maybe the new symptom I have had since last Oct would go away or lessen. It has lessened.............the symptom that is. It was where burning started on my scalp & would eventually encompass my whole body along with bright red blotches the size of my hand & larger. The burning was/is atrocious. I hit it with extra morphine immediately & the burning & redness start to go away. One note hear. I have been on the same dose of morphine since 2005. It has not actually been increased since then at all. Luckily for me I have not grown tolerant to it at all.

I have gone down 25mg every 8 hrs & he has left it up to me if I want to lower it another 15mg over the next 2 months as I see him every 2 months. To be honest I can't tell a whole lot of difference between my pain levels now compared to 3 months ago before lowering them. I am leery of taking it down any further, but I might try it with my bedtime dose next week.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote