Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default So Glad you posted here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieslefumes View Post

On my first office visit after the implant (4 days later to check the staples) I told the nurse and the doctor I had a strange burning sensation just above my belt line and out to both hips. Not a word or concern from the doctor. Pain/sensation gets worse, and is moving up to my upper back/shoulder blades. Still no reaction from doctor.

fast forward.......December 09 pump removed because of drug(s) (several)reactions/intolerances.

For almost a 6 months now the (parathesia) sensations have now gone down into both knees and feet. The burning in my feet has made a grown man cry. I'm 57 and consider myself as tuff as a $2 steak. But this burning in my upper and lower back and feet has whipped me. PCM doesn't know, referred to another PM doc. Have had to go through his list of tests to include repeat of MRI's from October/November of 09, physical therapy work assessment, blood work, nerve conduction (also repeats of Nov 09) and a psych eval.

I'm grasping at straws here today. Down the middle of my back feels like the skin has been peeled off and my T-shirt is rubbing against my raw flesh. From my knees down feels like I'm standing in scalding hot water or at best a severe sunburn.

I've taken almost every kind of pain pill and even amitriptylene without the first bit of relief. Currently taking loritab 10/500 4/day and nucynta 100 4 times/day with the loritab. I get light headed and sometimes nauseated, but the burning never subsides.

thanks in advance,
d-fumes
Hi Lee, I was hoping you'd share your post over here!
Man, you have been thru the wringer!
I'm particularly interested in the pain going down the middle of your back....
Is there also a rash or blisters that follow this line down your back?
This probably seems out of left field, but have you been tested for 'Shingles' ?
It is a VERY painful condition that has longterm lingering effects.....
Google it and see if that seems familiar.....

Also, have the doctors said anything to you about possible RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), same as CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome)....
both are fancy names for unbearable pain that burns like heLL......

There is a forum here for that topic as well.
Also, the Peripheral Neuropathy (nerve pain) forum is chalked FULL of important information.....both forums are very active.....

I certainly understand your frustration. I've seen these terrible conditions reduce a strong man to tears and mothers of children ready to jump off a cliff.....but you MUST hang on to hope.

It sounds like you aren't getting any straight answers from your doctors and there's a good chance they simply don't know. RSD/CRPS and PN are all conditions that are VERY sketchy in the medical arena.
Thank God for this forum! It has literally helped to save my sanity.
PLEASE stick around and make yourself known to these other forums here and you'll soon be able to gather the inner strength needed to 'be your own detective'......
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to grasp on to the knowledge that is packed in these forums here......Check out the Peripheral Neuropathy forum and also the sub-forum listed directly under it in the main menu......

It is literally a crash course in knowledge on these painful conditions that have been put together painstakingly by very committed and knowledged members of this forum....

I guarantee you'll get nothing but frustration and fragmented (at best) information from the medical personnel unless you happen to find one who specializes and is well-versed in these pain conditions.

Now that you've posted here, I encourage you to read thru the PN information and see if some of the other folk's stories seem similar to your battle......then, literally, start your own notebook of tests you've had done. This can help rule out any systemic or autoimmune conditions that may be underlying causes......
IF you DO suffer from nerve pain issues, I assure you, there are battle plans in place to grab on to. THERE IS HOPE and you DO have a future!!
If your symptoms lean more towards RSD conditions, there is MUCH support here for that as well.
My heart really goes out to you. Please don't give up. Your life IS worth fighting for and you WILL begin to get answers......just become determined and take one step at a time.......

Here's the PN information site......highly recommend reading thru this:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...ysprune=&f=119

You've found a goldmine of help here my friend
You'll see.....
Rae

Last edited by Rrae; 05-28-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: added a link
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote