View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 09:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Jana. I think there may come a point where I'm willing to look into unusual stuff, like the candida hypothesis. For now, it's just too huge a project in my mind. I have no reason to think I have a yeast problem--don't crave sugar, never get yeast infections, etc. But I've always wondererd (maybe you can tell me): how is eating foods with yeast in them a problem for someone with candida troubles? Unless they're eating raw bread dough or something, the yeast is dead, isn't it?

I'm mildly allergic to mold (makes my ears and throat itch) but it only bothers me in the fall when it rains a lot (rotting leaves), so I don't think the house is a problem.

Debra, my doctor said that the patients he has with MG have really clear SFEMGs, not "just barely abnormal" like mine. He thinks that the level of jitter on my results could be caused by other things. I'll ask him about the possibility of plasmapheresis. Thanks for that.

I think there's good reason to believe that whatever's wrong with me is an autoimmune problem, because:

1) They run in my family (Graves' and very severe atopic dermatitis)
2) A few months before I got my first symptoms, I had a relapse of my Graves' disease
3) I got my first symptoms after I had been nursing five children with H1N1 back to health for two weeks--I never got it myself (this was before the shots were available), but I got achy and very tired for a couple of days as if I was coming down with it, but then I recovered: and then my first weakness symptoms hit me. Doesn't that sound like my immune system kicked into overdrive or something? Could be a coincidence, or could be the exhaustion of taking care of all those sick kids, I guess.

Thanks, everyone, for helping me speculate. I find it helpful to kick ideas around--cast a wide net and see what sticks. And Jana, I will keep the yeast hypothesis in mind. At the very least I can keep a food journal and see if I can make a connection between what I eat and how I feel.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote