View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Overdose potential!http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
Welcome to NT

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. That's what makes NT special. I'm sure lots of people here need to read your experience with it.

This is a great place to give and receive. Glad you found us.

There's a lot of info here, so I'm sure you'll find something to help you along the way.

I pray you find peace in some way today.
DMom, I'm really surprised that your Doc let you take Cymbalta and Savella together! Both drugs are SSNRIs, and although Savella is not approved for depression here, it is in Europe. Taking both can lead to a thing they call Serotonin Syndrome. From Google Health:
verview
Serotonin syndrome is a potentialyl life-threatening drug reaction that causes the body to have too much serotonin, a chemical produced by nerve cells.
Symptoms
Symptoms occur within minutes to hours, and may include:
Agitation or restlessness
Diarrhea
Fast heart beat
Hallucinations
Increased body temperature
Loss of coordination
Nausea
Overactive reflexes
Rapid changes in blood pressure
Vomiting

Sounds like that's what happened to you?
I've just dropped Cymbalta and Lyrica (cold turkey), and started the Savella dose pack. Today I'm the 100mg/day dosage. So far, I've gone through a rough withdrawal period with sweats and chills, muscle cramps, NO energy at all and not very good night sleeps either. The worst has been the itching though.
I finally broke down this morning when I started scratching (yet again!), and took a Lyrica. I'm still itching, but not nearly as badly. The depression is fading (which is why the change in medications), as is some of the pain from the fibro. I'll let you know how it goes.....
I guess the message I'm trying to give is that, in the end, we are the ones responsible for ourselves and our health care. Given the enormous amount of information out there on the web, it is up to us to research, research, research! I love Google!
Be well!
Oops3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2010), Doody (08-30-2010)