View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default you can have myasthenia with a normal SFEMG

I don't post here often, but reading your post, I just had to add a few words.

you can have myasthenia with a normal SFEMG and no antibodies detected in the commonly used tests

let me say it again-

you can have myasthenia with a normal SFEMG and no antibodies detected in the commonly used tests

and as it is written in the "hunting of the snark" (written by Lewis Carrol)-

"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried,
As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
By a finger entwined in his hair.
"Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice:
That alone should encourage the crew.
Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
What i tell you three times is true."

I will say it one more time-

and telling a patient that it is too costly to give them a treatment that has the potential to significantly improve their life, and possibly alter the course of their illness, which is already leading to some breathing and swallowing problems, is ..... (I better not say what I think or I will be blamed again by some people on this site).

and if something has four legs, barks and wags its tail, most likely it is a dog, even if is in a different color, shape or size, that what one usually sees.

there is no way for me to know if you have myasthenia or not, but no test in the world can exclude a sound clinical diagnosis. and from what you say, it is your neuroloigst that thinks that you have myasthenia based on your clinical picture.

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (05-28-2010), Stellatum (05-28-2010)