View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairgirl View Post
I am 8 week post surgery and am in more pain now than before surgery! I had the first rib resected on the right side through the arm pit and my right arm has been on fire every sense, the middle two finger of my right hand feel like they have been hit with a hammer. I am taking 1200 mg of neurotin a day to make the pain tolerable but this is very difficult to deal with.
Has any one else exeriance these symptoms?

I copied your post here to a new thread of your own - so we can say hello, you can find it on this page - on the main TOS page thread list -
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum24.html
Primarily to Hair Girl:

I think it has to do with so many factors - HOW did you get TOS, a car accident, or like me over time on a computer, etc.

Then, who's your surgeon - hospital, etc.? That's why we list those docs...but even that can't guarantee anything.

And then how you act afterwards - trying all you can NOT to make scar tissue, listening to your body and speaking up for yourself against docs or PTs who think they know but have never had it!

Lastly TIME. I've had this 8 years. I got surgery in "06, so 2 years ago, and my pain is less. Less if not almost all headaches, and honey, they used to be so horrid I just laid and the tears melted down my face - not even crying, just tears melting...I prayed, "God, why, help me, either take me or stop this, but why?"

Now it's better. Mostly I think because I found the pain meds and light massage that WORK FOR ME. I walk only when and how far I can. I don't get bugged by people anymore - they can say what they want - I know what I have, and it's not psychological at all. It's a nerve injury.

God bless us all and HANG in there. Yes, I still have horrific times...but I don't die - they go, eventually. Get home care somehow if you need it - social worker, or how? Get it. That helped me so much when I found a lady who just knows where the painful nerve spots are.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (09-22-2010), nospam (04-02-2012)