View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No shingles. No rash, nothing visable any where. Tested and retested for diabetes. One rheumotologist (sp) told me if I was a female he would diagnose me with fibromyalgia, but since I was a man (only 9% of fibro are males) he just said he didn't know and gave me the lyrica. It helps some I guess. But only because it numbs my whole body. Couldn't take the 300 mg in the morning and function safely.

I spent 4 weeks in an Army hospital in 1981 with a lower back injury. I had three chromioplasties done on my right shoulder in 1985 and 1986. In 1989 and 1990 I had 2 scopes done on each knee. I was diagonsed with Grade II chondromalicia of patellar and femoral condyles plus some other small tears and flaps. Had bi-lateral scopes on knees again in 2005. Was scheduled to have bi-lateral again on May 6, but Tri-Care wouldn't pay my ortho surgeon because he wasn't on contract any longer. Now having to start all over with new ortho.

I asked for a re-look on my VA rating several months ago and sent in all the updated MRI's, Xrays, diagnosis and records from 7 doctors. They (VA) has called me twice this morning trying to set up appt's for exams. They want their doctors to examine me in order to refute the diagnosis of my civilian doctors.

I know I'm not the first and surely won't be the last, but it's a shame at the hassles a retiree faces with the VA. Florida inmates get way better health care than vets.

Done whinning now. Thanks for the links and the support from all. I do feel welcome and encouraged here.

Lee
dieslefumes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-28-2010)