View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up I hear ya

You are not 'whining', my friend Not at all.
And I must say, I agree Re: the VA system......from what I've seen in my dad's treatment, we'd be better off IN the @#$% pen!

Well, while your doctors continue squabbling amongst themselves, you can be jotting down bullet-points of info that you can relate to. The more knowledge you gain the better. Ask up front if your new ortho treats neuropathies......

just an fyi on the Lyrica.....it was a nitemare for me and my teeth went bad on me as a direct result of this med. I've finally lost the 30 lbs I gained while taking it. Keep a close eye on your dental.

And take a serious gander at the supplements (in the PN forum) suggested in nerve pain reguvinating.......At first I let it go out the other ear, but by golly when I started taking more B12 and magnesium, the pain spikes became easier and easier to control. Carbs (the bad ones) also were part of the culprit. I'd get pain flares after eating something sweet.
And, in my case, my thyroid was out of whack, (hyPOthyroid).....
so after these issues were addressed, I was able to establish a more consistent baseline on the pain scale......and I wasn't going in so many circles.
I know issues like these seem so futile compared to the horrendous pain, but I am more than convinced at this point that I could have saved myself much grief, frustration, and thousands of $$ if I would have known these things from the start....

Caring
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-28-2010)