View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown I have the same location!

I have an herniated extrusion in the exact same location t7-t8 and am experiencing the exact same problems. And no one wants to mess with the thoracic. I have a total of 7 herniated discs along my spine but the problematic ones are in the thoracic, DDD with compression fractures in thoracic. I have 3 horribly painful herniations in the thoracic, with t7-8 being the worst of them all!! I am a personal trainer & aerobic instructor (which the high impact classes seems to be making them worse right now) and I cannot tolerate the intense pain no longer. I'm finally being seen at Vanderbilt at the end of June. Already seen 2 more local to me - one wanted to do surgery the risky way deflating the lung & one didn't seem to think the herniations would get any worse (but they did). Another one didn't want to even see me once they knew the location.

I was wondering, could you tell me more about your symptoms, how long you went before finding a good surgeon, and how you finally found someone willing to help you? And how is your healing process? How are you doing??
Thanks!
wr1te1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote