View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

*raises hand* Oh me, me, me!!! LOL I've got big time memory problems and I hate it!!! I used to have a good memory and now I mostly forget things, sometimes right after they're said! Note writing for myself is a hit or miss. I'll make a list and then the list goes missing and i forget anyway! LOL I just make an effort to remember to do something and if I forget, oh well.

The worst part, at least for me, is forgetting words. I'm talking to the hubby and forget, right in the middle of the convo what the heck I was talking about. Or I can't think of the word for something and I know what it is. Hubby has gotten good at knowing what I mean or guessing what it is I want. I either point or name the color of the thing I want. It's very frustrating and makes me cry sometimes as well. I've written most of my life and though I haven't written a best selling novel or anything, I've always labeled myself a writer. Written lots of poems over the years as well. It's hard because of that for me because I've always prided myself on being so eloquent and now it just doesn't come out that way at times. I'm adjusting and as long as I don't completely loose my mind........oh wait.......my mind ran off a long time ago so too late!

You're not alone in this! I read some medical article that talked about how pain affects the mind, as frogga said. Your brain gets so involved with processing the pain signals that it's hard to leave room for anything else and as a consequence leads to forgetfullness. So true! Those little neurons in there firing away, screaming fire! fire! and here we're trying to think of what the heck that contraption is that keeps food cold is! Oh right, refrigerator! LOLOL

On a bit of a sassy tear today. I'll go now.......*exit stage left* OW! Dang table.........*mumbles to self as I leave the room*

Hugs,
Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote