Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Hi Tessa...

I had trouble finding them at my library...they are either checked out or
lost --some of them.

I found Mourn Not Your Dead, which is #4

And I am finishing up Dreaming of the Bones #5. This one was slow getting into but is becoming fabulous. I almost gave up on it...but then I realized "something" was coming concerning Vic so I stayed with it.

This series is nicely done... I appreciate the recommendation! I love a good
series! Esp in the boring cold weather!

It was odd -- Mourn Not Your Dead was an autographed copy as well. She has nice fluid handwriting..like you would expect!

I think the first 3 of the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency were the best, as the
series evolves they become more wordy, longer paragraphs etc. That does not minimize their impact tho...since you get so attached to them! I have a list of them earlier in this thread.

Like TV lately some of the mystery thriller genre is becoming gross and horrific.
I am finding it harder to watch TV and read lately because of this violent trend.

A friend from PN recommended Retribution by Jilliane Hoffman to me. (there are 3 books in this series now). But I have to say even tho so well done,
the first one is so horrific, so real, that it is chilling to read. I had to put it down several times. But was drawn back each time.
http://www.bookreporter.com/authors/...n-jilliane.asp

Her professional experience plays heavily in the realism of the content...
If you ever wondered what a rape/murder is like, or the aftermath, steel yourself for this one. The intelligence of it however, saves the reader from the rest. (it is very graphic and frightening at times...not for the faint of heart). But it is an example of the voyeuristic fascination with violence this country is evolving! Pass the Alexander McCall Smith, this way , please!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote