View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default hi Pam

hi Pam. i'm sorry you can't take antidepressants.

i would DEFINITELY consult with your pdoc as well, before taking any 'supplements' on tdoc's (or anyone's) suggestion. some supplements interact with meds or can be contraindicated for certain conditions. your pdoc is a medical doctor who can fully evaluate the pharmacological implications with respect to your medical situation. tdoc is not qualified to do this.

HGH (Human Growth Hormone) sounded suspicious to me on principle - i found an article you might find intersesting:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...opics/hgh.html

phenylalanine is contraindicated if you have phenylketonuria, but your doc would know that. note that phenylalanine level increase is associated with regular use of aspartame. it is also associated with seizure risk - again, a concern if you have seizures - many medications increase risk of seizures but for most people they do not present a problem. i have migraines so i personally would not want to try phenylalanine. (there is conflicting information, but some sources suggest it can trigger migraines.)

there are always risks as with many prescribed meds. if you are not in a specific risk group, i.e. have phenylketonuria, epilepsy, migraines, and pdoc agrees it is ok to take the supplements, i would simply suggest caution and moderation - as with anything really.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-29-2010)