View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, for part of it

When you have the test that determines if you're a good candidate for a morphine pump (that's where my experience is), you'll be awake. You'll know on the spot if it works. After they finally got the morphine in my spinal fluid, the pain eased up so much I was bawling because it felt so good to be without pain. For 4 wonderful hours I was amazed and just bouncing off the walls in delight. Then it wore off - wow did I get sad fast.

The following week we installed the pump and there's been no turning back since. My first pump lasted 5 1/2 years before the battery died. I went almost 4 months without it since I was battling infections and about to have my amputation so it was 6 weeks after my radical pedicare that my second pump was installed. Once again, I was blown away with the difference.

Does a morphine pump resolve all your pain issues, NO. Does it help modulate and even the pain levels out, considerably. I'm still taking oral narcotics, but with the pump I've gotten back more of my life than I would have ever dreamed possible. Please go and have the test. You'll know right off the bat if this is something that will work for you. This isn't something where you need to sit back and wait for the doctors to tell you if they're going to allow it. It will either help on the spot, or it won't, plain and simple. The best of luck, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
I have My SCS for Face Pain (T.N.)
I was awake durring part of both trial and then full implant.
I know for others who have SCS for T.N. are most always been during part of the surgery.
I have noticed Mark also mentioned this for his .I have read other stories here and most dont say either way.
A friend that just had her Trial surgery says she was not awake during the surgery.
So how many who have SCS were awake during the surgery for
trail and / or full implant??????

Thanks
PEACE
BMW
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (05-29-2010), Mark56 (05-29-2010), Rrae (05-29-2010)