View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked New here! Clipping aneurysm June 8. Would like to hear your experiences.

Hi all! New to this site and happy to have found it. I had a mild stroke about 5 years ago and an aneurysm was discovered during my MRA. My neurosurgeon has been monitoring it with angios and MRAs. Every time I go in for my results, he says it has not progressed to the size where they would operate. I went in two weeks ago, fully expecting to hear the same thing and we'll do another MRA in six months. Not quite! Although it's about the same size, 5 mm, there are two additional small ones, 2 mm, and he says we would need to do something as they're seeing more and more 4-5 mm annies rupturing.
So, scheduled and angiogram and asked us to make an appt. in his office the next day. Another surprise, instead of coiling, we need to clip because of the location. So they'll remove an inch or so diameter piece of my skull to get to the annie. I have total confidence in my surgeon and I know he has mountains of experience with this, nonetheless, I would love to hear from others that have had this type of sugery. How long were you in the hospital, were there any complications, how long before you were able to do most of your daily activities, and how long before you felt yourself again. I'm glad I'm having this done and wouldn't change my mind, but nonetheless, a bit worried and nervous. Thanks all!
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote