View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 04:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Sandel,

I'm very glad to hear you were successfully able to get off of the pain meds you were on. Congrats! Personally, I am on a TON of them and there's nothing I can do about this relentless pain from breaking my neck, severing my nerves in the neck & a brain trauma due to an auto-accident.

I'm just wondering if you'd share with me WHAT you were taking and for how long? More importantly, how did they detox you?

You see, I don't think I'll be off my meds anytime soon, but I wonder how painful the detox process was for you. I tried to reduce my meds, bit my bit with my docs help, and it was unsuccessful due to the unrelenting pain. My surgeon said it HAS TO BE at this high dose due to the severity of the injury. I would like to not be tied down by my dependence on pain medication but I don't have no other options now. 1) Live in dire agony or 2) Live on addictive medication. It's just a crappy situation!!

The injury was 3 & 1/2 years ago ... Really, when (I wonder) can the nerve pain stop punishing me and let up. My surgeon said it may be a lifelong struggle (like the brain trauma).

Have you, Sandel, been down this road for years like me? If anyone else has been ... I'd like to hear your comments, too.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe I am very sory you are in this situation bud, I was never on alot of very high doses because of my intollerences of the meds, I used to be in hell, I would get so sick on them.. I would take em anyway cause felt I had to but not full doses cause I got sick alot.. and I was in so much pain my rsd spread.. So finaly they started me on a new treatment that helped bring my pain levels down @ 30% for periods of time.. wow! It was incredible, and it still is every month when I get my infusion again. Subcutanious lidocaine infusions every 3-4 weeks.. they are more for, if more than one area is effected with RSD as it (lidocaine/anesthesia) works systemicly throughout your whole body.

I just weaned off anything heavy I was on at the time my pain was contained, cource it was very hard to not reach for something a little later as the pain levels grew, but it helped knowing it was only temporary and that I get another infusion soon.

Good luck, hope this can help.
~Sadra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote