View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Then I've got a dumb question

So here are some reports that state narcotics don't really accomplish that much (No, I'll never agree with this, they instead give be back some quality of life) and that we might as well go ahead and stop taking them. You did and you're fine so long as you enjoy your ice cream with a brownie on the side. Well what about those of us who don't live in areas of the world where marijuana is legal?

10 years ago my Mayo's trained doctor told me that anytime I'm out in Southern California for an extended visit where pot is legal he'd have it waiting for me. Meanwhile that's not an option for me where I live. Isn't pot still helping to manage the pain? Of course I wish we had an option that wouldn't be as hard on the body, but I don't like the fact that I do feel a bit foggy headed when I've taken a toke, unlike Morphine I've never felt any differences in the mind whatsoever. I can see applications for both under certain circumstances, but I think that the idea of narcotics being a bad thing according to that study just wasn't being evaluated by the person living with the pain thus their prejudices maybe clouded the results in the end. Of course this is just my stupid opinion and considering the load of drugs I"m on, it's worth even less. But gee, this has been fun! Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
Hi there folks, glad to see the old posts are still being brought up, that was origionaly posted last November.
I am no longer on any narcotics myself either I just slowly weaned off hard meds after I started getting the subcutanious lidocaine infusions I guess 2 years ago, morphine always made me sick as I was intollerant. I do take other meds to treat each symptom of RSD though and they help emensly, I am also am a medical marijuana patient here in Canada (I break the no choclate rule) and I eat medicinal MJ brownies for pain relief.. my local club also has a medicinal tincture for under the toung that realy helps for breakthrough pain.. it works almost instantly and lasts for a few hours, clears up nausia too.

So yah I supose one med for another.. with far less side effects for me anyway.

~Sandra
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lisa in Ohio (05-30-2010), Sandel (06-07-2010)