View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I imagine I will have to go through one of these.

What worries me, is that I can lift up my service dog, who is 42 lbs - but it feels like my muscles are being ripped out. It is not something I do often, but I do put her up on a table to trim her toenails. I help her up - I don't just lift her from the floor. I could probably lift her all the way up if her life depended on it, I could do it once, but I don't think I could do it a second time unless I rested several hours in between.

I carry 12 packs of pop from my car to the house, but have to hold them up close to my body, and I do one, then a couple hours later, I do the second one.

My problem is the PAIN keeps me from doing things. I don't have enough atrophy that I absolutely cannot lift anything - it just hurts so bad, I don't other than in my home PT exercises... then I limit myself to a bag of sugar lifted a few times.

So - my worry is that I have worked hard to keep some strength - but even a gallon of milk causes me a LOT of pain... I could only lift one of those for one or two times, then I usually lay down. In fact, I usually buy milk in half gallons so I don't have to lift a gallon. Laying down does not help the pain - but it keeps my arm from swelling, and any exertion causes me to be very tired.

I am very worried that a test like this will show me to be able to work, when I am not. I have a terrible time doing a few dishes, or doing a couple errands etc.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote