View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
I am new to this site. After 18 months, i was approved for SSDI after my hearing on 4/27/10. I am so relieved. I have Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder and I think something else..who knows...so many disorders, so little time.

I too an wondering how long it takes to get a check....do you get backpay first? Do you get a letter or something telling you the amounts? My approval was only a week and a 1/2 ago, so i don't expect anything for another 3 weeks or so.

I guess it caries from state to state.

I am so anxious!!!!!

My backpay will not be very much if anything. My disability start date is 3/2006, but i collected unemployment while waiting for the hearing and was totally unaware that it is a no no to do that...now that I think of it of course it is a no no---you have to answer the question "are you willing and able to work"...hmmmmm...oops...anyway, parise God the ALJ didn't freak out on me for it, I was already a hysterical mess at my hearing....but my atty says that Once it is processed in Maryland they will do the math and deduct what I owe as far and unemployment..so I am paying UI back I guess. Makes sence --right?

OK...Take care people!
It won't be to long. I was always told 4 to 6 weeks but that's Florida. Like your attorney said they will deduct everything, including his or her pay. Some states send it all together and some send a monthly check and then the backpay.
Here is a link I pulled up about unemployment and disability.Congrats by the way.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/policy...rsn2008-01.pdf
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote