View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 02:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Eye pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittlem View Post
This is my first post on this message board so I'll do my best.

Has anyone been diagnosed with atypical neuralgia / tigeminal nerve pain? My symptoms don't fit the classical ones. I have constant and unrelenting pain mainly in my eyes and forehead area. The pain is not the sharp and shooting type that I have read about with TN. Rather it is a dull, aching, throbbing, burning sensation. The other thing is that it is not on one side of my face but both.

I have not been formally diagnosed. I seem to have the doctors stumped. This is what my neurologist thinks but it is not a formal diagnosis.
Hi:

I also have atypical neuralgia. I have constant and unrelenting pain mostly in my right eye, but sometimes also in my left eye. I also have bouts (about 4 or 5 a day) of pain in my upper gums. This all started after having gum graft surgery in the same area. I could live with the gum pain, but the eye pain is excruciating. The side effects from the drugs that they have treated me with are barbaric. I am hoping to do some research (when I have a period of time when I feel up to it) about some alternative treatments. I am willing to try just about anything. This has been constant for over 2 years now. If anyone else have the same and has any suggestions, please send them my way.

Thanks

Shaugnna
shaughnna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote