Thread: not doing well
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Draggin, Six years ago, I had my 2nd most horrific medical experience in a hospital on Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't my MG but something else life threatening. I could not have nor would I have stayed at home. No, there aren't as many "regulars" working during a holiday but that should NOT keep you from an ER when you are as weak as you are describing. Saying a patient should wait until after a holiday for help is, in my opinion, unethical. If your MG is tanking, there is no way to predict how bad it will get or how quickly.

If you can't lift a limb, or take a breath in or out well or feel significantly weaker overall, you should go in.

Sometimes it's not very easy to tell if it's the pneumonia or the infection making MG worse. Doesn't really matter. If you can't breathe well, you can't breathe well. They can redo an x-ray, run an arterial blood gas, check your O2 saturation, do a clinical exam and do pulmonary testing. All of which could completely wear you out.

I would always err on the side of caution with MG. If you think that you can rest completely, stay really cool and be okay/improve, then stay home. But if you feel for one second you are getting worse, go in.

I hope you get better. It takes me no more than a minute in the heat to get worse. Stay out of it!!!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote